You are on International Website</9>
You are on International Website
- Copper water glass, copper water printed glass, copper printed glass small, 11 cm glass (Copy)
- Copper water glass, copper water printed glass, copper printed glass small, 8 cm glass
- Copper water jug, copper water hand printed jug, 18 cm copper water jug
- Exclusive Ecohindu Brass Idli Cooker with Beautiful Etching
- Traditional Stone Mortar Pestal (Idikal)
137.50$ – 209.00$
Will my package be delivered safely ?
Ecohindu takes an extreme measures to ensure your package will be delivered to your doorstep in a safe and secure manner. This is only possible because we pack are packages with extra padding before it is even inserted in a box. All these packing methods have been tried and tested through the years which is why it has resulted a method which is extremely damage proof.
How do I maintain my soapstone product ?
Seasoning process is aminly for durability and to avoid cracks while cooking. Wait for the pot to come to room temperature then soak and wash.Also after cooking do not pour water at once, the sudden change in temperature may lead to cracks.So wait for it to cool down for a while then soak in water and then wash. Cooking in clay pots needs patience and practice as it takes time to get heated.And even after switching off the stove you can see it boiling that is the main specialty of clay pots. It works in gas stoves and will not work in induction not sure of other heat sources. Do not use any soap for washing.Use only rice flour or besan flour. At least for first few uses do not use high flame cooking. Do not heat an empty pot.Overheating the pot may lead to cracks so its better to maintain low medium flame while cooking. Do not let food dry out completely while cooking, either add oil or water according to the dish you make.
How to maintain your soapstone products?
1. Allow cookware to cool. 2. Although soapstone is dishwasher safe, hand washing with warm soapy water and a nylon scrub brush is recommended to preserve the cookware’s original appearance. Citrus juices and citrus-based cleaners (including some dishwasher detergents) should not be used, as they can dull the exterior gloss. It is not harmful and will not impair the cooking performance. however, the use of these products is not covered by our warranty. 3. If necessary, use nylon pads or scrapers to remove food residue; metal pads or utensils will scratch the surface. – While most soapstone is dishwasher safe, you always want to avoid soaking your soapstone dishes and plates in water for any extended period of time. Even as little as half an hour can start to break down the materials and make your dishes more susceptible to breakage or chipping. – To remove tough stains or some stuck-on foods from soapstone, try making a paste out of vinegar and baking soda and gently rubbing along the surface with a damp cloth. Avoid using heavy-duty metal scrubbers, as these can scratch up the painted or glazed surface. – To remove grease from soapstone, juice half a lemon and use a damp cloth to rub the lemon juice into and around the affected areas. The acidity from a lemon, or any citrus fruit you have on hand, helps to cut through the grease and release it from your dishes.
How to season / cure soapstone ?
– Take castor oil in a plate, add turmeric powder to it.There is no measurement as such just mix and see it should be in spreadable consistency more like a runny paste. – Apply on all sides.Make sure to spread even at the bottom which is important – If needed add more castor oil and turmeric powder and make a paste then spread.Let it dry in sun for a day.Next day repeat the same process.Mix castor oil turmeric powder paste and apply.So the castor oil turmeric powder process should be done and dried for 5 days in total repeatedly.Keep applying without washing in between. – After 5 days wash it with hot water.Using a scrubber scrub it well to remove the oil – Then wash it well.Soak in starch water for the next 5 days.Change the starch water daily.If starch isn’t enough for the chatti to immerse fully then add rice rinsed water along with starch water.But make sure the pot is fully immersed. – After the last 5 days, wash with mild soap, scrub well and wash it.This is the first and last time you are going to use soap for washing as there are pores even in kalchatti you should not use soaps for washing regularly. – Now after cooking, switch off.After transferring the dishes, soak in water for atleast 15-20 mins.In case if you have time then heat up the chatti along with soaked water for 5mins then bring to room temperature and scrub it.I usually just soak and wash.First scrub with coconut scrapper alone and wash well. Then add besan flour, scrub it well and wash it well.Dry it in sun until completely dried.Then store it.
Do you offer Cash on delivery?
We are sorry, but we do not offer any cash on delivery options. This is because we work very closely with craftsmen and to be able to pay them upfront as soon as a product is delivered is of at most importance to us.
How do I get in contact with the team?
Ecohindu is very prompt with customer service. On the bottom of our home page you will be availed to an email id and contact number. If you would like to contact us through email, you could do so with the given email ID. If you prefer to speak to us over the phone you could do so by using the contact number. Irrespective we reply within a 24 hour window.
Can I place a bulk order ?
We do accept bulk order, although it depends on the availability of the product. We would advice you to get in touch with our customer care team before you place any bulk orders in order to hash out all the specific details.
How do I track my order?
Our customer care team will provide your tracking order ID to you as soon as your respective product is shipped. Post which you can visit the website, scroll to the bottom of our page and click on our “ Need Help “ option. This will then avail you to track your order ID. Yes it is that simple!